Amanda Hale

Monday, May 4, 2009

Amanda Hale (58) is well known throughout Camelot, although not a native of the town. After her great aunt died, leaving her a tolerable inheritance she moved from her hometown of Godric’s Hallow to Camelot. She used her inheritance to refurbish an old firehouse into a now popular bookstore in 1974. Filled with new and used books Miss Hale specializes in Libertarian publications. Unfortunately, said books are her only experience with government. Although she has a long history of opposing government and participating in strikes throughout the country she has neither actual experience holding a government position nor even experience with political science from school. 


She is somewhat of a recluse and is known for showing her displeasure with government (local or federal) through bathing strikes. I’m not so worried by her political beliefs as I am worried about her social graces. She is not known for getting along with people of differing views and her idea of a compromise is the opposition giving up. If the community is looking for a way to keep meetings organized and concise, Hale would be a poor choice. Now, if it is looking for someone to sit down in the middle of the meeting and chant her demands? Well then she’s a fine choice. 

Note- A picture of Amanda could not be procured as she feels photographs are bad for her aura. 

1 comments:

Amanda Hale said...

I must say that I am rather shocked at this article, and its description of me as a recluse. Although my business takes up a large amount of my time, being involved in the community has always been extremely important to me. Recently, I have joined Save Our Subdivisions (S.O.S.), and have been a regular volunteer at the local animal shelter and nursing home. I love Camelot and the variety of people that inhabit our city, but I also understand that it is it impossible to please everyone, which is definitely a problem that the current city council is dealing with.

The article would be correct about my lack of experience in a government role, but I am a regular attendee of city council meetings and take the time to study the issues. I really feel that I could help run the meetings a lot more smoothly than they are currently running now. Let me remind everyone that I was nominated for this position, and that I accepted the nomination because I am disappointed in the current council's ability to run meetings smoothly and with professionalism. If my fellow citizens of Camelot would only give me a chance to help change things for the better, I would do my absolute best to do everything in my power to incorporate the ideas of our city to make it a better place.

Amanda Hale
Firehouse Bookstore Owner

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP